Spend $40 and get free shipping!
Your cart is empty
The Pour over method is easy to master and brews aromatic and delicate coffees. Try the Beehouse or Kalita Wave drippers for smaller, calibrated batches, or the forgiving Chemex for a larger pot of coffee.
What You'II Need:
* 25 grams of fresh-roasted whole bean coffee
* Kalita Wave Dripper and Filter
* Kettle [preferable a goose neck kettle]
* Grinder (preferable a burr grinder for consistency)
* 375 grams of water
* Fill your kettle and set to boil
* Weigh and grind coffee to a sea salt-like coarseness
* Place paper filter in the Kalita Wave dripper
* Rinse filter with warm water to prevent any paper taste
* Discard water after rinsing filter
* Place cup or carafe on scale and tare to zero
* Add ground coffee to rinsed filter and flatten the bed for an even pour
* Start timer and gently saturate grounds with about 50 grams of hot water
* Pour in a circular motion in the center of the coffee bed. In under 60 seconds, the coffee begins to “bloom” and de-gas
* Allow 40–55 seconds for a solid bloom to ensure even saturation
* Add water in stages (around 100g-150g at a time) until you reach the desired final brew weight. Total brew time should be 3–4 minutes.
* Serve & Enjoy!