Spend $40 and get free shipping!
Your cart is empty
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS OVER $40
The Pour over method is easy to master and brews aromatic and delicate coffees. Try the Beehouse or Kalita Wave drippers for smaller, calibrated batches, or the forgiving Chemex for a larger pot of coffee.
What You'II Need:
* 25 grams of fresh-roasted whole bean coffee
* Kalita Wave Dripper and Filter
* Kettle [preferable a goose neck kettle]
* Grinder (preferable a burr grinder for consistency)
* 375 grams of water
* Fill your kettle and set to boil
* Weigh and grind coffee to a sea salt-like coarseness
* Place paper filter in the Kalita Wave dripper
* Rinse filter with warm water to prevent any paper taste
* Discard water after rinsing filter
* Place cup or carafe on scale and tare to zero
* Add ground coffee to rinsed filter and flatten the bed for an even pour
* Start timer and gently saturate grounds with about 50 grams of hot water
* Pour in a circular motion in the center of the coffee bed. In under 60 seconds, the coffee begins to “bloom” and de-gas
* Allow 40–55 seconds for a solid bloom to ensure even saturation
* Add water in stages (around 100g-150g at a time) until you reach the desired final brew weight. Total brew time should be 3–4 minutes.
* Serve & Enjoy!