Spend $40 and get free shipping!
Your cart is empty
A classic immersion brew. The French Press will brew a creamy, rich and bold cup of coffee for one or a crowd.
We recommend a 1:15 coffee to water ratio for the optimal extraction of flavor. Adjust to your taste and type of coffee.
Brew Time : 3-4 Mins
* 25 grams of fresh-roasted whole bean coffee
* 375 grams of water
* Scale ; Stirrer
* French Press
* Kettle [preferable a goose neck kettle]
* Grinder (preferable a burr grinder for consistency)
* Fill your kettle and set to boil
* Weigh and grind coffee to a black pepper-like coarseness
* Preheat the French press with some warm water. Pour out this water.
* Place the French press on the scale and tare it to zero.
* Add ground coffee to French press carafe and level the coffee bed
* Fill the carafe about halfway with hot water, making sure the coffee grounds are completely saturated.
* After a minute stir the grounds to encourage even brewing and allow the coffee to de-gas.
* Pour the remaining water evenly and place the lid gently to seal the carafe. Don’t plunge yet.
* Let the coffee steep for four minutes.
* After 4 minutes move your French press from the scale to your counter. Now, press the plunger down slowly and carefully to prevent hot coffee from spurting.
* When finished pressing, immediately serve the coffee.
* Don’t let coffee sit in the French Press as it will continue to brew and over-extract.