Our specialty Panama coffee is farmed on the historic Finca Lerida Estate, a 900-acre farm located in the famed Boquete region nested along the ecological wonderland of the Volcan Buru National Park and the high ridges of the Central Range. Here, the North winds blowing over the mountains create a fine mist called bajareque that acts to slowdown the ripening of coffee cherries and hence contribute to the sweet and complex cups synonymous of Panama coffees.
This celebrated estate has its own wet mill with more than 100 years of history where cherries are still sorted to remove under ripe and damaged beans using the siphon invented by the original owner in the 1920s. The Estate is currently managed by the Chiari Family who co-ordinated the coffee growing, protect the nearby rainforest and run a small hotel for visitors wishing to stay on the farm.
- Region: Boquete, Chiriqui, Panama
- Farmer: Finca Lerida Estate
- Varietal: Bourbon, Caturra, Catuai
- Grade: SHB (Strictly Hard Bean), EP (European Prepared)
- Altitude: 1,600 - 1,800 M
- Process: Fully Washed; Sun dried on patios
- Harvest: October - December
- Arrival: November - May
- Certification: Direct Trade, Fair Trade