You are eligible for Free Shipping!
Your shopping bag is empty
Enjoy complimentary shipping on all US orders.
This iconic hour-glassed shaped carafe is known to brew a delicate and aromatic coffee. The simplicity of its design mirrors the simplicity of the coffee's preparation.
Recommended: 1 : 15 coffee to water ratio for optimal flavor extraction. Adjust to your taste and type of coffee.
Brew Time: 3 - 4 Mins
What You'II Need:
* 25 grams whole bean coffee
* 375 grams of water
* Chemex Coffee Maker & Filters
* Kettle [ preferable a gooseneck kettle ]
* Grinder | preferable a burr grinder |
* Fill kettle and set to boil
* Weigh and grind coffee to a sea salt-like coarseness
* Place filter in top compartment of Chemex.
* Rinse filter with warm water to prevent paper taste
* Discard water and ensure filter remains securely in place
* Place Chemex on scale and tare to zero
* Add ground coffee - flatten bed for even pour
* Start timer - gently pour about 50g of water over coffee
* Pour in a circular motion in the center of the coffee bed.
* In approx. 60 seconds, coffee begins to “bloom” & de-gas
* Allow 40–55 secs for solid bloom - ensures even saturation
* Add water in stages - about 100g-150g at a time.
* Stop when you reach the desired final brew weight
* Serve & Enjoy!