Spend $40 and get free shipping!
Your cart is empty
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS OVER $40
This iconic hour-glassed shaped carafe is known to brew a delicate and aromatic coffee. The simplicity of its design mirrors the simplicity of the coffee's preparation.
We recommend a 1:15 coffee to water ratio for the optimal extraction of flavor. Adjust to your taste and type of coffee.
* Brew Time : 3-4 Mins
* 25 grams of fresh whole bean coffee
* Ginder : Digital Scale : Timer
* Chemex carafe & Chemex Filters
* Kettle : 375 grams of water
* Fill your kettle and set to boil.
* Weigh and grind coffee to a sea salt-like coarseness.
* Place the filter into the top compartment of the Chemex with the 3-layered side facing the spout. This will allow air to escape during the brew process.
* Rinse filter with warm water to prevent any paper taste from affecting the brew.
* Dispose of the rinse water and ensure the filter remains securely in place.
* Place your filter-rinsed Chemex, on the scale and tare to zero.
* Add ground coffee into the rinsed filter and flatten the coffee bed for an even pour.
* Start timer. Pour twice as much water as coffee [i.e, 25g coffee x 2 = 50g water] over the coffee grounds. Pour gently in a circular motion to evenly saturate the grounds.
* In under 60 seconds, the coffee begins to “bloom” and de-gas. Allow 40–55 seconds for this important step.
* After a minute, pour about 100 grams of water in a clockwise direction starting with the center of the Chemex and outwards to the edge of the coffee. Let coffee drip till for about 1.30 mins
* Repeat the above process and add water in two stages (about 100g at a time) until you reach the desired final brew weight.
* Allow the water to drip through the grounds entirely.
* Serve & enjoy