We recommend a 1:15 coffee to water ratio for the optimal extraction of flavor. Adjust to your taste and type of coffee. * Brew Time : 3-4 Mins
What You'II Need:
- Fill your kettle and set to boil
- Weigh and grind coffee to a sea salt-like coarseness
- Place paper filter in the Kalita Wave dripper
- Rinse filter with warm water to prevent any paper taste
- Discard water after rinsing filter
- Place cup or carafe on scale and tare to zero
- Add ground coffee to rinsed filter and flatten the bed for an even pour
- Start timer and gently saturate grounds with about 50 grams of hot water
- Pour in a circular motion in the center of the coffee bed. In under 60 seconds, the coffee begins to “bloom” and de-gas
- Allow 40–55 seconds for a solid bloom to ensure even saturation
- Add water in stages (around 100g-150g at a time) until you reach the desired final brew weight. Total brew time should be 3–4 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!